Thursday, February 17, 2011

January 24 2011

Let me just start off by saying the first 24 days of this year were the SLOWEST EVER! all I wanted was for my baby boy to come out and meet us! He finally did on January 24th 2011 at 1:53 pm. Today our beautiful Hudson is 24 days new! and I can't even explain how fast these last 24 days have gone! I swear all I did was blink. Here is a little over-view of the last 24 days. This will be VERY LONG! so i think i will do it in a couple posts, the first will be about the delivery.

Hudson was originally due on January 16th...and that day came and went. I did have a couple false alarms though. Actually the night of his due date I started getting contractions and they were worse then any of the braxton hicks I had had so we started timing them. They were about every 5 min apart. I got nervous so I called my mom, she said it might just be happening and to go to the doctor to get checked, So i did and after 4 hours at the hospital and walking around the halls in SO MUCH pain, they sent me home for not progressing. I was PISSED! My next doc appointment was on Thursday, and of course wednessday night i start getting contractions again, but even closer together. I waited till they were pretty much 3-4 min apart, and went in. I was still dilated to a 3 and 90% efaced, the same as sunday :( booo. but since I had an appointment the next day they sent me home again. At this point I felt like I was crying wolf and that he was never going to come! At the doc appointment he made a date to get induced on the 24th since i would officially be 41 weeks, I was bumbed I didnt want to wait that long, but at this point I just wanted him out!! So for the rest of the weekend I walked like crazy and ate certain foods to supposedly "put me into labor" nothing worked. So Sunday night I started getting contractions again, but after being sent home twice and knowing they would call me in the morning to get me a room to be induced I went to bed. They were supposed to call between 6 and 10 am and then they give you an hour to get there and a room will be ready. Well, this stubborn baby boy of ours decides that 4 am is a great time to get things going on his own. I woke up out of my sleep with the WORST contractions I had ever felt. I was seriously holding my breath through them. So I woke up Tanner and told him what was going on, of course after 2 "crying wolf" trips to the hospital his reaction was, ok ok..they are gonna call in a couple hours then we will go in. I tried to lay there and time them as tanner fell back asleep. 30 min later I couldn't stand it any longer so I woke him up at about 5 now and said we need to leave NOW!! he finally started to get the hint, so we got dressed grabbed our bags and headed once again to the hospital. I called our parents and my mom was getting ready on her way! At this point though, it still didnt feel real after being late and false alarms, I kept having this fear they were goin to send me home again. But on our way they called to say a room would be ready in about an hour, but I told the nurse I was on my way already. When we got there they checked and I was dilated to a 4 and 100% efaced. YAY! PROGRESS :D So the nurse told me that they got to classify me as a spontaneous labor not a induction, i was SO HAPPY! They hooked me up to monitors and my contractions were coming about ever 2 min. The anesthesiologist was doing a C section, so I had to wait a little bit to get my epidural, but it came fast. By about 9 am I was laying comfortably in bed, had my epidural and was dilated now to a 5. Now just the waiting game. Tanner brought the tv show community and we just watched the season dvds througout the morning. At around 1030 am my doctor came in and broke my water. He came back an hour later just to check how things are going, he says braking your water will usually either progress you really fast, or slow things down. luckily for me it sped things up! I was now to a 7. He said Hudson would be here this afternoon! HOLY FAST!! this morning was just flying by. We called Tanners mom and My Best Friend tiff to come down, I was at a 7 and they should hurry. (cuz just an hour before that we said take your time im only at a 5). By the time Tiff and Rhonda got there (just about 45 min or so) I was dilated to a 10 and ready to push! Tiff was in the waiting room with my little sister, and we had a full house in the delivery room. My mom and dad, Tanners mom and tanner of course. We also had my doctor and nurse (both of which were AWESOME) and 2 student nurses a girl named Rian, and a boy named Ryan. :) they were awesome too. I started pushing at 1245pm and everyone kept saying I was doing good. You could tell by everyone's reactions to a push how good it was lol, it was actually great motivation for me!! (side note...throughout my whole pregnancy I was told I had narrow pelvic bones and I was a likely candidate for a C section, or forceps/vacuum delivery, none of which I wanted. I was determined to get my baby out by myself) So after about 40 min of pushing they head was right there!! I was going to do this by myself I was SOOO EXCITED!! they called for my doctor, and I had to stop pushing while he was getting ready. They kept saying if you feel pressure you can push. It was SO MUCH intense pressure I kept thinking NO WAY, if i push he is gonna fall out. So it only took about 5 min waiting for the doctor, but it seriously felt like forever! Then I started pushing and I pushed for maybe 10 or 15 min and baby Hudson was born!!! Birth was the most craziest amazing thing Ive ever gone though. It was painful but the epidural was a lifesaver. Its so hard to explain. getting the epidural HURT ALOT!!! most painful part probably, but even with it I felt like I could feel soo much during the labor, which I liked. I just couldn't feel the pain, mostly pressure. But it was all so worth if for our sweet sweet baby boy!

Hudson Michael Danielson
January 24th 2011 at 1:53pm
8 lbs 15 oz and 20 inches long!



1 comment:

  1. I was so excited to be able to go in and see the birth of my grandson. Tanner called and said, "mom Lacie say's it ok if you want to come in for the birth". I was right on that!! I had to meet my daughter in law Ashley, to come and take Ella my grand-daughter. I made it with no time to spare. Thanks to 2 of the BEST daughter in laws I was able to witness the most amazing miracle. the birth of a grandson. Thank you Lacie and Tanner for allowing me to be there with you, as we waited for the arrival of Hudson.
    Love Always mom

    ReplyDelete